- david.jpg: David NICOLE b 1630 judge & probably
ambassador in Netherlands he fled to La Valley Switzerland for the cause of
religion after revolution in 1687 (Is any of this true?)
- David NICOLE, Born ca 1680, child David Moïse Nicole. Notary.
- david_moyse.jpg: David Moïse Nicole. Born
1715 at Le Lieu, La-Vallée, Vaud, died 1798 or 1799 Married Suzanne MEYLAN b
1718 Children David NICOLE, Charles Frédéric Victor NICOLE,
Judith NICOLE, Charlotte NICOLE, Marianne NICOLE, Henriette NICOLE,
Louise NICOLE, Sophie NICOLE and Jean Georges François NICOLE. Notary.
- Charles Frédéric Victor NICOLE, born ca 1750 married Louise MEYLAN.
Children David Louis Samuel NICOLE, Georges NICOLE, Sophie NICOLE,
Henriette NICOLE, Marianne NICOLE, Lucie NICOLE, N. NICOLE Angélique NICOLE.
- david_samual.jpg: David Louis Samual
NICOLE born Le Chenit, La-Vallée, Vaud, Switzerland 6 Jun 1789, Architect.
Married Julie Angélique LE COULTRE on 13 Aug 1807 in Le Chenit. Children
Charles Victor Adolphe NICOLE, Jules Henri NICOLE, Adèle NICOLE, Georgette
Louise Zélie NICOLE, David Louis Antoine NICOLE, Louise Victorine NICOLE,
Louise NICOLE and Charles NICOLE. Died 1859. Inventor of a version of the revolver. The
first specimen manufactured was deposited with the
Musée du collège de Chez-le-Maître. THe musium closed in the mid 1990s after
a burglary; the revolver (and everything else) is still missing.
- george.jpg: George Nicole second son of Charles
Frédéric Victor NICOLE was Lawyer at Lausanne 3 Escalier du Maneki.
- Charles Victor Adolphe NICOLE, born Le Chenit, La-Vallée, Vaud,
Switzerland 31 May 1812; died 7 Aug 1876, Streatham, Surrey; watchmaker.
Married Mary Élizabeth HEBBERD on 7 Jan 1843 in Saint Pancras Church,
London. Died 7 Aug 1876 in Streatham, Surrey. Children Zelia Louise NICOLE,
Harriet Victoire NICOLE, Adolphe NICOLE, Henry NICOLE, Mary Adèle NICOLE and
Charles NICOLE. He travelled as a young man to Versailles to work in the
clock industry and then moved to London where, with Jules-Philippe CAPT from
Solliat (who also studied in Versailles) he founded the well-known
company of Nicole & Capt. Died 7 Aug 1876 in Streatham, Surrey.
In 1862 Nicole takes out another Patent relating to
'STOP-WATCHES AND TIMEKEEPERS, &c." Improvement on the castle wheel and the
application of the heart-shape cam combine to produce the first CHRONOGRAPH.
His company was NICOLE & CAPT (83 Dean Street, then 14 Soho Square), later
NICOLE, NIELSEN & Co. and finally North & Sons. Ltd, closing in 1933.
- david_antoine.jpg: David Louis Antoine
Nicole born 13 August 1818, Le Chenit, La-Vallée, Vaud. Married Mary Nevill
2 Feb 1846
at Windlesham Surrey. Children Mary Angélique NICOLE, David Alfred NICOLE,
Henri James (Lamy?) NICOLE, Kate Victoire NICOLE, William John NICOLE, Élisabeth Adeline NICOLE, Rosalie
Martha NICOLE, Died 31 Dec 1871 at 19 Claremont Square Clerkenwell.
(photo has dates 1819-1870).
- mary.jpg: Mary NICOLE nee NEVILL Mary's watch company,
founded 12th March 1872, was David L. A. Nicole & Co. or
Nicole & Co. of 19 Claremont Square, Pentonville Road, then 210 Goswell Road,
then 85 St John Street Road.
- henry.jpg: Henry James NICOLE born in London
1852. Married Blanche Julia GERAUT in 1887, eldest child Gearut Antoine
Stanilaus David NICOLE (who was my paternal grandfather).
- blanche.jpg: Blanche NICOLE nee GERAUT
- business_card.png: Blanche Nicole's
- family_card.png: Henry James and Blanche.
- advert.png: Advert for the mineral water
produced by Blanche
- geraut1.jpg geraut2.jpg
geraut3.jpg: My grandfather Geraut Antoine
Stanilaus David Nicole, married Daisy Sarah Alice JONES
- daisy.jpg: My grandmother, Daisy Sarah Alice JONES 1891-1960
- daisy_geraut.jpg: Miss Daisy Jones age 20
married to G A S D Nicole age 23 Jan: 14th 1912