Before starting this tutorial, you should:
- Know how to create directories and copy/edit files.
- Know how to alter your command path
Know how to set environment variables
- Have an account on a machine with CVS installed.
- Add the directory containing CVS to your command path on this machine.
- Setup netscape and a window open to a machine with CVS next to each other.
If access to a machine with CVS is not available, the tutorial can be followed
by inspecting the sample output which is presented in a link to the output from
each cvs command.
All commands are in bold:
cvs commit bob.c
Program code is written in the following font:
printf("This is a test program.\n");