Adding and Removing Files
As a project evolves you may wish to add files that were not defined when
you originally imported the source. Conversely you may wish to remove files
that are no longer required.
To add a new file to a module:
- Get a working copy of the module.
- Create the new file inside your working copy.
- use cvs add filename to tell CVS to version control the file.
- use cvs commit filename to check in the file to the repository.
Removing files from a module:
- Make sure you haven't made any uncommitted modifications to the file. [Use
cvs status or cvs diff to see if your working copy of the file differs from
the latest revision in the repository.
- Remove the file from the working copy of the module. rm filename.
- use cvs remove filename to tell CVS you want to delete the file.
- use cvs commit filename to actually perform the removal from the repository.
For more information see the cvs man pages or the cvs documentation.